[ad_1]

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — A second man faces charges in connection with the murder of a Las Vegas man in Aug. 2023.

According to jail records, Stefan Jakubov, 29, was arrested on March 15, one day after the 8 News Now Investigators reported there was an arrest warrant for him. The 8 News Now Investigators obtained copies of text messages that prosecutors said Jakubov sent about the alleged killing.

“Break his face,” and “Delete our convos,” Jakubov texted, according to Las Vegas Metro police.

Jakubov had been texting Gino Julian, police said.

Julian, 30, was taken into custody on Aug. 13 after two tow truck drivers found him sleeping in his car in a desert area near Baker, California, with a partially burned body approximately 10 feet away, according to police. Julian had called for a tow truck after his car became stuck in the sand, police said.

The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s department arrested Julian. Investigators discovered that the actual killing appeared to take place at a home in Las Vegas.

The victim was identified as Aaron Chavez. The San Bernardino County coroner’s office concluded Chavez, 30, died of blunt force trauma to the head.

A grand jury in Clark County later indicted Julian for charges including open murder.

Prior to the alleged murder, Chavez and Julian, who went by an alias, argued via text, according to police.

According to reports, Chavez texted, “If I’m touched you will be sued.”
Julian responded, “Dead men can’t sue,” documents say.

Police said Julian texted Jakubov, “Where should I put on the show?” and “Is there bleach or chlorine?”

One video clip apparently shows Chavez’s lifeless body inside a home. Multiple video clips appear to show Julian in the desert as he poured gasoline on Chavez’s body, which was wrapped in blankets.

“What does it feel like to be disrespected? It sucks, right?” Julian said as he recorded himself. “I almost feel sorry for him. What else did you think was gonna happen, you know?”

Julian also referred to “street justice.”

Julian told police that Chavez had a lot of money that he gained through Ponzi schemes, and according to grand jury transcripts, there were a bunch of people mad at him.

Chavez made several posts on social media, such as Instagram, in which he appeared to live a life of luxury. Several people told the 8 News Now Investigators that they had been scammed by Chavez. They claimed they had given Chavez money to invest.

A warrant was issued on March 6 for Jakubov on two felony charges, including destroying or concealing evidence and harboring, concealing, or aiding a felony offender, along with a gross misdemeanor charge of conspiracy to commit battery resulting in substantial bodily harm, according to Las Vegas Justice court records.

The Clark County District Attorney’s office added two felony charges of open murder and robbery on March 18.

Las Vegas Justice Court Judge Amy Chelini set bail at $500,000 with high-level electronic monitoring on March 21 for the murder and robbery charges. Chelini set bail at $10,000 in connection with the previous three charges and ordered Jakubov to surrender his passport.

Jakubov is scheduled to appear in court for a preliminary hearing on April 25.

Attorneys Robert Draskovich and William Brown are representing Jakubov.

“We anticipate him posting bail in the very near future,” Draskovich told the 8 News Now Investigators. “He is looking forward to his preliminary hearing in this case. He is confident he will be exonerated of the murder and robbery charges that he is currently facing.”

As of Friday afternoon, Jakubov remained in the Clark County Detention Center.

A jury trial for Julian is scheduled for May. He remains in custody in the Clark County Detention Center in downtown Las Vegas. He declined the 8 News Now Investigators’ requests for an interview.

[ad_2]

Source link